Monday, August 27, 2012

How to keep photos from being pinned

Pin It
So, I have a couple of photos of my family on my blog. Probably not nearly enough, but, you know, since I'm back on the blogging bandwagon, you never know, next week there could be a magazine shoot full. Anyway, though I don't mind recipes and the crafty things that hopefully I will eventually do, and share, on my blog being pinned, I really don't want pictures of my kids running off into the universe. Is it just me being paranoid? I mean, maybe weirdos don't look at pinterest. Whatever. Maybe I ought to keep them hidden. I really often teeter on that fine line of being protective and utterly paranoid. Most people who know me say I run too often into paranoid territory. At any rate, I came across Jessi's blog practicallyfunctional. She taught me how to keep some of my photos from being pinned. Thought it was really great, and that you might be interested, so there you go!

Also, after much hair pulling, I've found out how to add pin it buttons to my blog. Apparently the directions that come on pinterest don't really work so hot with blogger. Sure, you can pin, but it always tells anyone who clicks on pinterest that they might be going to spam. This explains a lot to me. I often go to sites that "others have reported" as spam, and they rarely ever are. I got that help from over at spice up your blog.

Hope these helps work as good for you as they did for me!


No comments: